Jargon Buster - V

Confused by DIY terms? We’ve got you covered from A-Z with our Jargon Buster!


A mechanical device for halting or controlling the flow of a liquid, gas, or other material through a passage, pipe, inlet, outlet, etc.


Movement of air and its replacement with fresh air due to wind, temperature gradients or artificial means, for example fans or extractors.


Opening, generally with a security grille, used for ventilation.


Read our disclaimer