Jargon Buster - W

Confused by DIY terms? We’ve got you covered from A-Z with our Jargon Buster!

Warm-air system

Warm air systems are similar to air conditioning units in the way that they blow air around a network of ducts and out through grilles or vents throughout the house. The air is normally heated by way of a gas burner and is controlled by a room thermostat and a time switch.


A small flat metal, rubber, or plastic ring fixed between two joining surfaces or between a nut and a bolt to spread the pressure or act as a spacer or seal.

Wet central heating

A wet central heating system pumps hot water into your radiators, which in turn heat your home.


Read our disclaimer